Mouse Anti-Col2A1 Antibody (M2139)
Product number #10110
Affinity purified mouse monoclonal anti-collagen II antibody clone M2139 in PBS, sterile filtered (0.2 µm)
100µg / 0.1mL 200 €
1 mg / 1mL 1000 €
For bulk orders, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to request a quote.
Price is excluding shipping cost. The shipping cost will be added on.
M2139 binds to the triple helical J1 epitope on collagen II. Binding to collagen II epitopes was determined in bead-based flow immunoassay as median fluorescence intensity (MFI). Triple helical (Gly-Pro-Hyp)x11 is a synthetic control peptide with 11 repeats of the Gly-Pro-Hyp sequence and mimics the collagen II backbone structure.
Affinity purified mouse monoclonal anti collagen II (COL2A1) antibody clone M2139 in PBS, sterile filtered (20 µm). The antibody recognizes the J1 epitope on triple helical collagen II1. The J1 epitope on mouse collagen consist of residues 551–564 with sequence MPGERRGAAGIAGPK1,4. The antibody M2139 has been used in applications including immunohistochemistry4, Western blot2, immunoprecipitation3, and in vivo4 and in vitro5 functional assays.
Target with alternative names: Collagen alpha-1(II) chain, COL2A1, type II collagen, CII; UniProt: P28481.
Immunogen: Mouse collagen II J1 epitope (triple helical position 551-564) with sequence MPGERRGAAGIAGPK1,4.
Species reactivity: Mouse, rat, human, bovine, chicken
Isotype: Mouse IgG2b, κ
Specificity: The antibody M2139 recognizes the conformational J1 epitope on the triple-helical structure of the native CII molecule.
Concentration: 1 mg/ml
Supplied in: PBS
Storage: Centrifuge briefly prior to opening vial. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at 20°C long term. Avoid repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
Recommended dilution: It is recommended the user determines the optimal dilution for their application. The typical starting working dilutions are: Functional assays (cell culture) 1:20–1:50, IHC 1:100.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in
Not for resale without express authorization.
1. Mo JA, Holmdahl R. The B cell response to autologous type II collagen: biased V gene repertoire with V gene sharing and epitope shift. J Immunol. 1996 Sep 15;157(6):2440-8. PMID: 8805643.
2. Tong D, Lönnblom E, Yau ACY, Nandakumar KS, Liang B, Ge C, Viljanen J, Li L, Bãlan M, Klareskog L, Chagin AS, Gjertsson I, Kihlberg J, Zhao M, Holmdahl R. A Shared Epitope of Collagen Type XI and Type II Is Recognized by Pathogenic Antibodies in Mice and Humans with Arthritis. Front Immunol. 2018 Apr 12;9:451. PMID: 29706949.
3. Uysal H, Bockermann R, Nandakumar KS, Sehnert B, Bajtner E, Engström A, Serre G, Burkhardt H, Thunnissen MM, Holmdahl R. Structure and pathogenicity of antibodies specific for citrullinated collagen type II in experimental arthritis. J Exp Med. 2009 Feb 16;206(2):449-62. PMID: 19204106.
4. Li Y, Tong D, Liang P, Lönnblom E, Viljanen J, Xu B, Nandakumar KS, Holmdahl R. Cartilage-binding antibodies initiate joint inflammation and promote chronic erosive arthritis. Arthritis Res Ther. 2020 May 24;22(1):120. PMID: 32448385.
5. Amirahmadi SF, Whittingham S, Crombie DE, Nandakumar KS, Holmdahl R, Mackay IR, van Damme MP, Rowley MJ. Arthritogenic anti-type II collagen antibodies are pathogenic for cartilage-derived chondrocytes independent of inflammatory cells. Arthritis Rheum. 2005 Jun;52(6):1897-906. PMID: 15934095.